Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy in the Mount Dora, Eustis, Tavares Florida areas
Our outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy clinic is BACK OPEN! Come to the Triangle Area’s Best Place for Therapy!
For Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy in Mount Dora (Lake County), Florida and the surrounding Eustis, Tavares, and Sorrento, FL, areas, call the area’s Outpatient Rehabilitation Therapy provider of choice. The Waterman Village Outpatient Therapy Clinic. Located on the campus of The Oaks Retirement Community at Waterman Village, we have a large team of top/experienced professionals for you to choose from. While working with the older adult / geriatric population is our unique specialty, we work with and help other age groups as well. Contact us first, before you select a provider. Thinking about Chiropractic care in the Mount Dora, Florida area? Compare and speak with us first and learn about our proven therapy options and treatments.
CLICK HERE to watch a wonderful video about the story of Glenda, one of our recent therapy clients
Why Choose the Waterman Village Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy Clinic?
- Specializing in care for all ages
- The finest/best therapy professionals available
- One-on-one treatment sessions lasting 45-60 minutes
- Treatment provided in a quiet environment
- Care often provided by same therapist at each visit
- Continual re-assessment and adjustment to meet goals
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
- Medicare accepted
- Click our video below for more reasons
- Care following joint replacement
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabiliation
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Vestibular and Balance Rehabilitation (OT/PT certified therapists)
- Fall Prevention
- Orthopedic conditions
- Sports Medicine/injuries and kinesiotaping
- Lee Silverman BIG Training (OT/PT certified therapists)
- Parkinsons Rehabilitation (OT/PT certified therapists)
- Pelvic Rehabilitation
- Myofascial Pain Disorgers
- Nerve Injuries
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Low Vision (OT certified therapists)
- Contracture Management
- Memory Enhancement
- Swallowing Function
We utilize three components of treatment based on the current scientific understanding of human physiology (the study of the human body and how its cells, tissues and organs work together) in order to achieve improvements in your pain, mobility, strength, coordination, balance, walking, and activity tolerance. Because your treatment plan is uniquely tailored to your current abilities and limitations, you will make progress at your own rate.
The three components of treatment consist of:
- Deeper Understanding: We will help you understand the how and why your body functions the way it does. This has been shown to:
- Increase your pain threshold (meaning that it is harder to trigger pain)
- Reduce stress associated with your challenges, helping you cope better
- Reduce the anxiety you may have, which will help you move more freely – even after only one learning session.
- Movement Training: Think of these movements as part of your daily hygiene! The great thing is that these exercises can be performed anywhere and you will not even break a sweat. These should not take longer than 10 minutes. These exercises will be designed specifically for you in order to: improve circulation to your irritated areas, decrease joint and muscular stiffness, improve your ability to control movement of different regions of your body, and improve your ability to coordinate full body movements.
- Graded Exposure: Graded exposure is a key concept in understanding how to reduce pain caused by movement, improve strength, and restore balance. It’s a very common sense idea, and one that most people kind of know at some level, because there is profound truth to it. But it’s also an idea that most people will probably fail to put into practice in a systematic way.
Graded exposure is a process by which you slowly and progressively test yourself with some form of stress, in order to make you less sensitive to that form of stress. In the context of movement, it means the progressive introduction of painful movements, in the right dosage and timing, in a way that makes them less painful.In the context of balance, this means the progressive introduction of movements that challenge your balance in order to gradually improve your stability.In regards to activity, this means the progressive increase in the duration and intensity of activity so that your body will adapt to the increased demands. The trick is to test yourself in an incremental manner – enough to stimulate adaptation, but not enough to provoke pain or produce a flare up.
Let your physician or hospital case manager know that you prefer The Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic at Waterman Village… it’s your right to choose! We look forward to guiding you in making positive and simple incremental changes in your daily life.
Phone Lora our intake and scheduling professional: (352) 383-0051 ext. 303.
The physical, occupational, speech therapy clinic serves/is open to the general public living in the Mount Dora, Eustis, Tavares, Sorrento, and Lake and Orange County Florida areas. Read some of our Outpatient therapy patient testimonies below:
“Adriana and Cathy were exceptional and contributed much to my improvement” – Rita
“Cathy did a super job” – Bob
“In the beginning of my therapy, I walked crooked with one shoulder down and back was swollen on left. After the therapy, both shoulders leveled and out got rid of swelling, can walk better and stand longer, and feel better” – William
“I am much more flexible and able to do exercise. Adriana and Cathy were great therapists” –Jerry
“Adriana, Cathy, and Lora. All of them went above and beyond their duties” – Charles
“Adriana was my primary PTA. She provided compassionated and competent care! She puts her heart into her work” – Teresa
“Cathy exceeded my expectations for therapy and progress, very professional and helpful!” – Natalie
“Lisa, Cathy, and Adriana were very professional while making it a joy to come for therapy” – Mary
“Cathy, the therapist mostly in charge of my case did an exceptional job in taking care of me” – Jorge
“Cathy, extremely knowledgeable and caring” – Raoul