Mount Dora, Florida – Someplace Special
Attracting new retirement community residents from Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, and other areas throughout Florida and the U.S.
Mount Dora, Florida, is one of those wonderful Florida retirement living towns in which to retire, as indicated by USA TODAY’s® ranking of Mount Dora as the #1 Small Town in Florida, and #4 in America, in which to retire.
Often referred to as the “New England of the South,” Mount Dora offers a unique variety of cultural activities, specialty shops, dining establishments, major festivals, and recreational opportunities.
Located in the center of the state, Mount Dora is less susceptible to a direct hurricane hit, New Smyrna Beach is just over an hour’s drive, and it’s only 35 minutes to Orlando. More seniors, seeking an established, not-for-profit, multi-level, progressive living type retirement community, in the Orlando-Central Florida area, in a vibrant town with a small, homey, safe feel, are choosing Waterman Village in Mount Dora, FL. Visit www.GoMountDora.com for more information. History.
Mount Dora is a town residents feel proud to live in, and a town where they are excited about inviting their family members and friends to visit. But be careful, they may want to visit more often.
Waterman Village is located close to everything one needs (places of worship, health care, shopping, recreation/entertainment, friends/family who will visit, and other necessary services). For a variety of reasons, this is ‘very important’ as a person ages, both now and in the future.
Located within a mile or two of Waterman Village:
- Mount Dora Senior Center, 803 Florida Ave
- Grandview Bed and Breakfast
- New health food store
- CVS and a 24/7 Walgreens (walking distance)
- Lowes and Ace hardware
- Target and Walmart
- Mid-Florida Eye Clinic
- City of Mount Dora Police, Fire, and EMS
- Chase, PNC, Sun Trust, Regions, United Southern, and Bank of America banks
- Fairwinds credit union
- Several restaurants
- Firestone auto care center and Superwash
- Physicians, specialists, and dermatologists
- Insurance and attorney offices
- Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Buick, GMC auto dealerships
- Veterinarian clinics
- Mount Dora Public Library (walking distance)
- Gas stations
- Numerous churches and a Synagogue
- The widely acclaimed Ice House Theater and The Mount Dora Center for the Arts
- U.S. Post Office
- Florida Lakes Symphony Orchestra (home of)
What’s happening this month in Mount Dora video
It’s just four miles to the highly rated Advent Health Waterman hospital (they take traditional/original Medicare and certain Medicare Advantage plans) and the BRAND new VA Community Oupatient Clinic.
It’s just over 40 minutes to Orlando and the Disney/Universal areas.
Here’s a link to the City of Mount Dora’s YouTube page. Check out their Mount Dora Someplace Special video: https://www.youtube.com/user/cityofmountdora/videos