MOUNT DORA, FLORIDA - SOMEPLACE SPECIAL
Attracting new retirement community residents from Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, and other areas throughout Florida and the U.S.
Mount Dora is one of those wonderful Florida retirement community towns in which to retire, as indicated by USA TODAY’s® ranking of Mount Dora as the #1 Small Town in Florida, and #4 in America, in which to retire.
Often referred to as the "New England of the South," Mount Dora offers a unique variety of cultural activities, specialty shops, dining establishments, major festivals, and recreational opportunities.
Located in the center of the state, Mount Dora is less susceptible to a direct hurricane hit, New Smyrna Beach is just over an hour's drive, and it's only 30 minutes to the I-4 / 414 junction in Maitland. More seniors, seeking an established not-for-profit full-service retirement community, in the Orlando-Central Florida area, in a vibrant town with a small, homey, safe feel, are choosing Waterman Village Retirement Community in Mount Dora, FL.
Mount Dora is a town where Waterman Village residents feel proud & excited about inviting their family members and friends to visit, and a town family & friends will likely want to visit more often.
Waterman Village is so close to everything! This is 'critically important' to retirement community residents as they age, now and in the future. It also makes life 'much easier' for their children/family members and friends.
- Mount Dora Senior Center, 803 Florida Ave.
- Grandview Bed and Breakfast
- New health food store
- CVS and a 24/7 Walgreens (walking distance)
- Lowes and Ace hardware
- Target and Walmart
- Aldi's and Panera Bread (under construction)
- City of Mount Dora Police, Fire, and EMS
- Chase, PNC, Sun Trust, Regions, United Southern, and Bank of America banks
- Fairwinds credit union
- Several restaurants
- Firestone auto care center and Superwash
- Well known dermatology, family practice, and eye care centers
- Insurance and attorney offices
- Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Buick, GMC auto dealerships
- Veterinarian clinics
- Mount Dora Public Library (walking distance)
- Gas stations
- Numerous churches and a Synagogue
- The widely acclaimed Ice House Theater and The Mount Dora Center for the Arts
- U.S. Post Office
- Florida Lakes Symphony Orchestra (home of)
Mount Dora Monthly Activities
It's just four miles to Florida Hospital Waterman (they take traditional/original Medicare and certain Medicare Advantage plans) and the BRAND new VA Community Oupatient Clinic.
It’s just over 40 minutes to Orlando and the Disney/Universal areas.
Visit the links below, and discover why Mount Dora was selected by USA TODAY, as the #1 RANKED small town in Florida, and #4 in the NATION, to retire toMount Dora Area Chamber of Commerce
What to do in Mount Dora
Mount Dora YouTube Channel
Visit Mount Dora
Lake Country Florida
No solicitors, please.
Not for emergency use.
Whenever we return to Waterman Village we sense a feeling of peace and security enhanced by the lush green foliage around us that stimulates our minds, body and spirit. We realized we have arrived home.
-William & Gladys Becker