Mount Dora, Florida and Waterman Village – Someplaces Special
“I’ve worked in senior living for almost 35 years, at several communities, in several states. I’ve probably visited over 100 communities in my career. I have yet to find an overall better retirement community location for seniors, than Mount Dora” Jeff Basett – Waterman Village Department Director
Mount Dora, Florida is one of those wonderful Florida retirement living towns in which to retire, as indicated by USA TODAY’s® ranking of Mount Dora as the #1 Small Town in Florida, and #4 in America, in which to retire.
Often referred to as the “New England of the South,” Mount Dora offers a unique variety of cultural activities, specialty shops, dining establishments, major festivals, and recreational opportunities.
Located in the center of the state, Mount Dora is less susceptible to a direct hurricane hit, New Smyrna Beach is just over an hour’s drive, and it’s only 35 minutes to Orlando. More seniors seeking an established, not-for-profit, multi-level, progressive living type retirement community, in the Orlando-Central Florida area, in a vibrant town with a small, homey safe feel, are choosing Waterman Village in Mount Dora, FL. Visit www.GoMountDora.com for more information.
Mount Dora is a town residents feel proud to live in, and a town where they are excited about inviting their family members and friends to visit. But be careful, they may want to visit you more often.
Waterman Village is located close to everything one needs (see below). For a variety of reasons, this is ‘very important’ as a person ages, to live close to these resources, both now and in the future.
Located within a mile or so of Waterman Village:
- Mount Dora Senior Center, 803 Florida Ave
- Publix, Aldi, Key Foods (walk to)
- Grandview Bed and Breakfast
- Health Basket Health Food Store
- Quest Labs
- CVS and a 24/7 Walgreens (walk to)
- Lowes and Ace hardware
- Target and Walmart
- Financial advisor firms
- Mid-Florida Eye Clinic
- City of Mount Dora Police, Fire, and EMS
- Chase, PNC, Sun Trust, First National, Regions, Seacoast, United Southern, and Bank of America banks
- Fairwinds credit union
- Numerous restaurants
- Auto care centers and a deluxe car wash
- Physicians, dentists, specialists, and dermatologists
- Insurance agencies such as State Farm and Allstate
- Publix and Key Foods
- Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Buick, GMC auto dealerships
- Several Vet clinics and pet groomers
- Mount Dora Public Library (walking distance)
- Gas stations
- Numerous churches and a Synagogue
- The widely acclaimed Ice House Theater, Florida Lakes Symphony Orchestra, and The Mount Dora Center for the Arts
It’s just four miles to the highly rated Advent Health Waterman hospital (they take traditional/original Medicare and certain Medicare Advantage plans) and the BRAND new VA Community Oupatient Clinic.
It’s just over 40 minutes to Orlando and the Disney/Universal areas.
Here’s a link to the City of Mount Dora’s YouTube page. Check out their Mount Dora Someplace Special video: https://www.youtube.com/user/cityofmountdora/videos
Here’s a link to some Mount Dora videos that you can choose to watch: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mount+dora+fllorida+visitor
Visit the links below, and discover why Mount Dora was selected by USA TODAY, as the #1 RANKED small town in Florida, and #4 in the NATION, to retire to