Mount Dora, Florida. Florida’s top ranked small town to retire to (USA TODAY). Yet close to everything.
Mount Dora, Florida is one of those wonderful Florida retirement living towns in which to retire, as indicated by USA TODAY’s® ranking of Mount Dora as the #1 Small Town in Florida, and #4 in America, in which to retire.
Often referred to as the “New England of the South,” Mount Dora offers a unique variety of cultural activities, specialty shops, dining establishments, major festivals, and recreational opportunities.
Located in the center of the state, Mount Dora is less susceptible to a direct hurricane hit, New Smyrna Beach is just over an hour’s drive, and it’s only 35 minutes to Orlando. More seniors seeking an established, not-for-profit, multi-level, progressive living type retirement community, in the Orlando-Central Florida area, in a vibrant town with a small, homey, safe feel, are choosing Waterman Village in Mount Dora, FL. Visit www.GoMountDora.com for more information.
Mount Dora is a town residents feel proud to live in, and a town where they are excited about inviting their family members and friends to visit. But be careful, they may want to visit you more often.
Waterman Village is located close to everything one needs (see below). For a variety of reasons, this is ‘very important’ as a person ages, to live close to these resources, both now and in the future.
- Key Foods grocery store
- CC Insurance agency
- Corcoran Real Estate
- Tooth Acres Dentistry
- Dr. Bommarito Dentistry
- Lakeview Internal Medicine
- Aegis Medical Group
- Pet Food Store/Supermarket
- H & R Block
Less than a mile
- Lowes and Ace hardware stores
- Hillcrest Insurance Agency
- Publix grocery store
- Centra/Urgent Care
- UPS Store
- AdventHealth Centra Care
- Quest Lab
- Palmetto Animal Health Center
- Firestone and Discount Tire auto care centers
- Superwash deluxe car wash
- Lakeview Internal Medicine
- Associates in Dermatology
- State Farm
- Mount Dora Public Library
- Gas station
- Mid-Florida Eye Clinic
- City of Mount Dora Police, Fire, and EMS
- Chase, PNC, Sun Trust, First National, Regions, Seacoast, United Southern (walk to), and Bank of America banks
- Fairwinds credit union
One to two miles
- Target and Walmart
- Grandview Bed and Breakfast
- Health Basket Health Food Store
- Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Buick, GMC auto dealerships
- Vet clinics and pet groomers
- Numerous churches and a Synagogue
- The widely acclaimed Ice House Theater
- McGinnis Dermatology
- The Mount Dora Center for the Arts
It’s just four miles to the highly rated Advent Health Waterman hospital (they take traditional/original Medicare and certain Medicare Advantage plans) and the BRAND new VA Community Outpatient Clinic.
It’s just over 40 minutes to Orlando and the Disney/Universal areas.
CLICK HERE for a link to the City of Mount Dora’s YouTube page. Check out their Mount Dora Someplace Special video.
CLICK HERE for a link to some Mount Dora videos that you can choose to watch