Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Mount Dora, Eustis, Tavares Florida areas
For Outpatient Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy in Mount Dora (Lake County), Florida and the surrounding Eustis, Tavares, and Sorrento, FL, areas, call the area's Outpatient Rehabilitation Therapy provider of choice . . . . the Waterman Village Outpatient Rehabilitation Therapy Clinic. While working with the older adult / geriatric population is our uniqie specialty, we work with and help other age groups as well. Contact us first, before you select a provider.
"As a result of Evan Burke, I have been able to reduce my pain and use less medicine. My life has improved because of my therapy. I would highly recommend this facility to everyone" - Paul
"Evan, the therapist, is caring and bright. The teaching techniques were easy to learn and implement. It's the best therapy I've ever had. I am pain free" - Florence
Why Choose the Waterman Village Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy Clinic?
- Specializing in care for all ages
- Top notch / highly experienced professionals
- One-on-one treatment sessions lasting 45-60 minutes
- Treatment provided in quiet environment
- Care provided by same therapist at each visit
- Continual re-assessment and adjustment to meet goals
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
- Medicare accepted
- Chronic Pain Disorders
- Myofascial Pain Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Pain associated with Arthritis
- Joint and Muscular Pain
- Nerve Injuries
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Neck Pain with and without Radiating Pain down an Arm
- Back and Pelvic Pain with and without Radiating Pain down a Leg
- Orthopedic Injuries (Shoulder, Hip, Knee, etc.,)
- Care Following Spinal Surgery
- Care Following Fractures
- Care Following Joint Replacement
- Pain associated with Walking
- Balance and Fall Prevention
- Vestibular Issues
- Neurological Disorder
We utilize three components of treatment based on the current scientific understanding of human physiology (the study of the human body and how its cells, tissues and organs work together) in order to achieve improvements in your pain, mobility, strength, coordination, balance, walking, and activity tolerance. Because your treatment plan is uniquely tailored to your current abilities and limitations, you will make progress at your own rate.
The three components of treatment consist of:
- Deeper Understanding: We will help you understand the how and why your body functions the way it does. This has been shown
- Increase your pain threshold (meaning that it is harder to trigger pain)
- Reduce stress associated with your challenges, helping you cope better
- Reduce the anxiety you may have, which will help you move more freely – even after only one learning session.
- Movement Training: Think of these movements as part of your daily hygiene! The great things is that these exercises can be performed anywhere and you will not even break a sweat. These should not take longer than 10 minutes. These exercises will be designed specifically for you in order to: improve circulation to your irritated areas, decrease joint and muscular stiffness, improve your ability to control movement of different regions of your body, and improve your ability to coordinate full body movements.
- Graded Exposure: Graded exposure is a key concept in understanding how to reduce pain caused by movement, improve strength,
and restore balance. It's a very common sense idea, and one that most people kind of know at some level, because there is profound truth
to it. But it's also an idea that most people will probably fail to put into practice in a systematic way.
Graded exposure is a process by which you slowly and progressively test yourself with some form of stress, in order to make you less sensitive to that form of stress. In the context of movement, it means the progressive introduction of painful movements, in the right dosage and timing, in a way that makes them less painful.In the context of balance, this means the progressive introduction of movements that challenge your balance in order to gradually improve your stability.In regards to activity, this means the progressive increase in the duration and intensity of activity so that your body will adapt to the increased demands. The trick is to test yourself in an incremental manner - enough to stimulate adaptation, but not enough to provoke pain or produce a flare up.
Let your physician or hospital case manager know that you prefer The Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic at Waterman Village… it’s your right to choose! We look forward to guiding you in making positive and simple incremental changes in your daily life.
Like & Follow our brand new Waterman Village Outpatient Rehabilitaton Clinic Facebook page, for some great tips on Physical, Occupational,
and Speech Therapy strategies for optimal health and wellness:
The clinic serves/is open to the general public living in Lake and Orange Counties.
No solicitors, please.
Not for emergency use.
In our most optimistic dreams we didn’t envision a lifestyle for our declining years as pleasant and fulfilling as our life at Waterman Village. The “ground roots comfortable feeling” is our norm for a satisfying life. We give thanks every day for the suggestion we received from a local family member to “check out Waterman Village before you decide to move down from Atlanta.”
-James & Barbara Laux