Waterman Village News
- Waterman Village holds open house for it’s new Lakeside retirement community for the local business community.
- The Edgewater Health and Rehabilitation Center located on the campus of Waterman Village, retains its Medicare FIVE STAR rating, the longest running Medicare 5 Star rating of any nursing center in Lake County Florida.
- Waterman Village announces a new series of Art classes for residents, in collaboration with the Mount Dora Center of the Arts
- The Lakeside Grand apartment buildings at our brand new Lakeside at Waterman Village retirement community, have officially opened for the first new residents to move in. The first of two Lake House apartment buildings, Lake House East, is scheduled to open next month. Only a few Lakeside residences remain.
A warm WV welcome to Gene Hurst, our new Bridgewater assisted living and Springwater memory support home administrator: “I am excited to be a part of Waterman Village. I have worked in the senior living field since 2010. I’ve worked as a nurse, a patient care coordinator, and Administrator/Executive Director. From the moment I first walked into Bridgewater, I felt at home. I truly love being an integral part of providing an environment that allows our residents to ‘Live Their Best Lives”. The current team that is here at Bridgewater is a group of people who love the residents and care about them on a personal level. I’m also excited and look forward to being a part of our new Springwater memory support expansion, which will be a wonderful addition to Waterman Village. I have lived in Florida for over 40 years and consider myself a Floridian. I’ve been married for 30 years to the woman I met when I was only 17 years old at a skating rink in Orlando. We have 2 grown children. Our son is 26 years old, is married, and lives in Orlando. Our daughter is 23 and works as a nurse. She lives in Altamonte Springs. My wife and I love to go camping and spending time at the beach with our family. We have a rescue dog who we enjoy taking with us every place we can.
- Waterman Village announces the formation of a new Parkinson’s support group, that’s open to the public. For further information, you can contact: 352-383-0051, ext. 303.
- Our semi-annual resident and staff WV Golf Outing was a fantastic success. Beautiful course conditions at The Country Club of Mount Dora and a beautiful April day weather wise.
- An updated aerial video of the new Lakeside at Waterman Village retirement community. Residents are moving into our Grand Apartments and Garden Homes this month! Only a few remain.
- The golf cart and pedestrian bridge over Donnelly Street, officially opened, linking The Oaks and Lakeside retirement communities at Waterman Village.
- The Waterman Village Foundation purchased a brand new Intelect TranSport Electrotherapy machine, for The Waterman Village Outpatient Therapy department. Demand for OT services remain strong.
- Waterman Village was once again selected BEST OF SENIOR LIVING, by A PLACE FOR MOM senior living referral placement agency.
- A new aerial video of the new Lakeside at Waterman Village independent living retirement community, that’s set to open this Spring. Waterman Village’s existing independent living retirement community is called The Oaks, and was established in 1989.
- Waterman Village celebrates its annual ‘Light Up Waterman Village’. A wonderful evening with our employees and residents that is full of festivities, singing, and parading.
- Waterman Villages announces its annual ‘Night of Lights’ Drive-Thru event that is open to the public! Come out and see our community Christmas lights on Thursday, Dec. 9th, 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- A big welcome to our new Bridgewater Assisting Living Residence administrator Julie Baughman. Julie comes to Waterman Village with over 20 years of experience in the assisted living field.
- The new Lakeside at Waterman Village, an independent living expansion that’s scheduled to open in 2022, reaches a 91% reservation rate.
- Waterman Village holds its Annual Oktoberfest. Close to 1,000 meals were served to staff, residents, family members, visitors and future residents. A good time was had by all.
- Waterman Village receives the Workplace Health Achievement Bronze award from the American Heart Association
- Lakeside at Waterman Village Construction Update Video CLICK HERE
- A big CONGRATULATIONS to Waterman Village Director of Culinary Services, Doris Freeman, for receiving the 2021 ‘Ambassador Award’, from the Association of Nutrition and Food Service Professionals. Doris oversees the culinary services for Waterman Village’s independent living, assisted living, and health care center living areas. https://videos.anfponline.org/2021-ambassador-award
- Waterman Village recently received awards from senioradvisor.com and caring.com, for the number of positive reviews received about Waterman Village from visitors to their websites. Waterman Village was the only senior living community in the Orlando area, to have received both awards for 2021 from these national/leading senior living review websites.
- Waterman Village opens brand new physical, occupational, and speech therapy clinic that’s open to the public.
- By popular demand, Waterman Village Home Care now serves the general public in the Mount Dora, Tavares, Eustis, and Sorrento areas.
- Construction begins at the new Springwater Memory support residence at Waterman Village
- Construction begins on the new Lakeside at Waterman Village retirement community on Donnelly street.
- The Edgewater Health and Rehabilitation Center, located on the campus of Waterman Village, retains its Medicare 5 Star Rating. The Edgewater holds the honor of having the longest running Medicare 5 Star rating of any nursing home in Lake County, FL.